[PCST] What makes a PCST conference unmissable?

Toss Gascoigne director at tossgascoigne.com.au
Tue Mar 29 02:28:20 CEST 2011

Dear Sir,

thanks for the message. The list sent is comprehensive. It has thought
of everything.I am a science writer as well as a science fiction
writer. i write nano science artticles in nano digest and write
science fictions as well. My suggestions:

1. Given the status of science journalism, it needs further patronage
and funding. Big media houses should be invited and they may all be
grouped in a session so as to identify and interact with them as i
could not meet many media persons from big houses during PCST-2010..
this will help the science journalists in getting a proper outlet for
their contributions.

2. In conducting workshops willing aspirants from the participants may
be called for in advance from those capable of teaching . I , for one,
conduct workshops on science communications in colleges.

3. Science fictions which shape future science and tech need be given
a separate session. workshops for science fiction teaching may also be
conducted. i am prepared to do my bit in teaching.

4. It is desirable that funding may be extended to freelance
journalists like me to attend PCST-2012. I would like to attend but
thus far funds are a concern to me.

5. Topical issues like fukushima nuclear station problem, expected
solar flare event in 2012 may all be taken up

The list is not exhaustive. I would like to send more suggestions when
they surface.

with best wishes and regards

Yours sincerely

K.Mohan(Mohan Sanjeevan)