[PCST] Reminder of postgrad researchers meeting, 5 May 2014

bt brian.trench at dcu.ie
Tue Jan 7 16:55:18 CET 2014

Reminder of science communication postgraduate researchers' meeting

Come to the 13th International Public Communication of Science and
Technology Conference, on 5-8 May 2014, in Salvador, Brazil, and you can
also take part in a meeting for postgraduate researchers.

This will be an opportunity to hear what has been going on in postgraduate
research in our sector and to share experiences and information with other
postgraduate researchers.

The meeting will take place on the morning of 5 May, the day before the full
conference begins. Register early to be sure of a place. We will close
registrations on 28 February.

Many postgraduate researchers are working alone or in small groups in their
institutions and could benefit from wider contacts. The meeting aims to
support postgraduate researchers in science communication by developing
contacts between them and strengthening the association with the PCST
network that organises the PCST conferences.

The meeting will discuss trends and issues in recent postgraduate research
in science communication. Participants will be invited to speak about their
current projects and the meeting will provide opportunities for networking
among postgraduate researchers.

To register (free of charge) for this pre-conference meeting, send to
pcst.postgrad at gmail.com a description of your own research in 200 words;
name of your institution, department and supervisor(s); stage of research,
e.g. year 3, PhD.

The meeting is intended for those taking part in the PCST conference. If you
are not attending the PCST conference but you very much want to take part in
the postgraduate researchers' meeting, send us the information requested
above. Depending on the demand from PCST conference participants, we may be
able to accommodate you.

The primary language of the meeting will be English. Depending on the
distribution of participants, we may use Portuguese and Spanish also. Please
submit your project summary in English, Portuguese or Spanish.

Details of the meeting's final agenda will be confirmed to those who
register by 28 February.

Brian Trench - PCST Scientific Committee; co-editor, Handbook of Public
Communication of Science and Technology, (Routledge, 2nd edition, 2014);
Vanessa Brasil - postgraduate researcher, Universidade Federal of Rio de
Janeiro and Museu da Vida, Brazil;  Maarten van der Sanden - assistant
professor, Science Communication, Delft University of Technology,
Netherlands.

For further information on the PCST Conference, visit www.pcst-2014.org
<http://www.pcst-2014.org/>