[PCST] Free Resource: Designing public-centric forms of engagement

Richard.Holliman via Network network at lists.pcst.co
Wed May 13 11:39:08 CEST 2015

I'm forwarding details of a free resource on behalf of my colleague Nick Mahony.  Nick was one of the leading lights on the Open University's Public Engagement with Research Catalyst (http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/per/?page_id=173).

Best wishes
Rick

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Designing public-centric forms of engagement

What happens if we put the public at the centre of our efforts to conceptualise, conduct and evaluate publicly engaged research? Written by Dr. Nick Mahony and emerging from The Open University's RCUK-funded Catalyst project, this new pamphlet outlines a public-centric approach to engagement you can make use of in your own settings. Drawing on insights from recent empirical research and key strands of the theoretical literature on the public the pamphlet foregrounds a set of questions you can ask at key stages of the engagement process to help you make choices about how you will engage.

'Designing public-centric forms of public engagement with research' is now available for free download<http://oro.open.ac.uk/42551/>, under a Creative Commons licence<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/uk/>.