[PCST] Good examples of mathematics outreach

Rogier Brussee via Network network at lists.pcst.co
Thu May 21 12:26:02 CEST 2015

In the Netherlands you already know Ionica Smeets and Jeanine Daems. In
Germany I would like to mention Hans Magnus Enzensberger. He wrote the
nice childrens book the Number Devil (der Zahlenteufel). More to the point
he is (or perhaps was) a very well known writer and public figure an has
on several occasions written about the importance of mathematics despite
being a man of the humanities.  (e.g see this article on the opening of
the International Mathematical congres
http://www.abebooks.com/9781568811567/Drawbridge-Mathematics--A-Cultural-An
athema-Enzensberger-156881156X/plp)