[PCST] Statement on PCST conference in Istanbul

Brian Trench brian.trench at dcu.ie
Wed Mar 23 16:37:43 CET 2016

We deplore, and we are saddened at, the atrocity in Istanbul last weekend,
as we deplore the Brussels bombings this week. But we note that the most
recent events in Turkey have not changed the travel advice from the vast
majority of governments.

Visitors to Turkey are advised to exercise a high degree of caution, and we
are going ahead with the PCST conference in this context. Participants
should note that the conference venue is in a quiet district of Istanbul.
It is easily reached from the airport, and over 3 kilometres from the
scenes of two recent attacks.

However, conference participants may have to miss some of the
'extra-curricular' activities often associated with attending a conference.
It is strongly advised, for example, not to gather in large groups in
locations that are especially popular with tourists.

Together with the conference hotel and the conference management company,
we aim to ensure the best-possible arrangements for a safe and successful
gathering.

The conference programme is being updated continuously, with further
details being added. As you can see, we have a busy and stimulating
conference ahead of us. We look forward to seeing you there.

If you haven't you booked your accommodation yet, we suggest you to do so
quickly. There are still rooms available at the conference hotel at a
discounted rate.

Gultekin Cakmakci, chair, Local Organising Committee

Brian Trench, president, PCST Network.

--

*Email Disclaimer"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use by the addressee. Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the message. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail may solely be the views of the author and cannot be relied upon as being those of Dublin City University. E-mail communications such as this cannot be guaranteed to be virus-free, timely, secure or error-free and Dublin City University does not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail."Séanadh Ríomhphoist"Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin amháin é. Tá cosc iomlán ar scaipeadh, dháileadh nó chóipeáil neamhúdaraithe ar an teachtaireacht seo agus ar aon cheangaltán atá ag dul leis. Má tá an ríomhphost seo faighte agat trí dhearmad cuir sin in iúl le do thoil don seoltóir agus scrios an teachtaireacht. D’fhéadfadh sé gurb iad tuairimí an údair agus sin amháin atá in aon tuairimí no dearcthaí atá curtha i láthair sa ríomhphost seo agus níor chóir glacadh leo mar thuairimí nó dhearcthaí Ollscoil Chathair Bhaile Átha Cliath. Ní ghlactar leis go bhfuil cumarsáid ríomhphoist den sórt seo saor ó víreas, in am, slán, nó saor ó earráid agus ní ghlacann Ollscoil Chathair Bhaile Átha Cliath le dliteanas in aon chás den sórt sin ná as aon iarmhairt a d’eascródh astu. Cuimhnigh ar an timpeallacht le do thoil sula gcuireann tú an ríomhphost seo i gcló."*