[PCST] The HEIRRI international Call for Applications is now open!

Marta Cayetano i Giralt marta at acup.cat
Thu Mar 16 15:35:12 CET 2017

Dear colleagues,

I am contacting you from the Global University Network for innovation
(GUNi) and the ACUP (Catalan Association of Public Universities).

We are currently part of a very interesting initiative: the *Higher
Education in Responsible Research and Innovation (HEIRRI – **www.heirri.eu*
<http://www.heirri.eu/>*) *project, a European Horizon2020 funded project
under the call Science for Society. This project aims to promote
Responsible Research and Innovation in higher education, and specifically* it
will provide teaching/training materials in different formats for higher
education institutions* to integrate into the curriculums of their degrees,
or for specific workshops.

The HEIRRI project calls on *higher education institutions from all
continents* interested in *Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI)* and
its integration into the curricula for a *pilot test of two of the training
programs and materials* developed by the HEIRRI project. The selected
institutions will pilot the testing of the HEIRRI materials in parallel
with the Consortium member institutions between June 2017 and April 2018.
They will actively participate in the learning process, giving feedback on
the materials and their use in their institutions.

*The deadline for applications is April 30th, 2017.*

We hope you find this call of interest for your institution and networks.
Additionally we would be very happy if you could help spreading the word by
sharing it with your contacts and websites.

Here you will find:

- Link to the call on the GUNi website: http://www.guninetwork.org/news/call
-applications-test-heirri-training-materials

- tweet to share: https://twitter.com/HEIRRI_/status/836918365742592000

- Link to the HEIRRI blog with the information: http://heirri.eu/news/call
-for-applications-to-test-the-heirri-training-materials-is-now-open/

*What is RRI? *

Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) is a term used widely in Europe,
we are aware that it is not used in other parts of the world, but it
basically focuses on six dimensions (there are some additional definitions
but the ideas are similar):

1.     Engagement: It implies that societal challenges should be framed on
the basis of widely representative social, economic and ethical concerns
and common principles on the strength of joint participation of all
societal actors - researchers, industry, policymakers and civil society.

2.     Gender Equality: Addresses the underrepresentation of women,
indicating that human resources management must be modernized and that the
gender dimension should be integrated in the research and innovation
content.

3.     Science Education: Faces the challenge to better equip future
researchers and other societal actors with the necessary knowledge and
tools to fully participate and take responsibility in the research and
innovation process.

4.     Open Access: States that RRI must be both transparent and
accessible. Free online access should be given to the results of publicly
funded research (publications and data).

5.     Ethics: Requires that research and innovation respects fundamental
rights and the highest ethical standards in order to ensure increased
societal relevance and acceptability of research and innovation outcomes.

6.     Governance: Addresses the responsibility of policymakers to prevent
harmful or unethical developments in research and innovation. The latter is
a fundamental basis for the development of the rest of the dimensions.

If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wishing you a good afternoon,

*Marta Cayetano*
*Tècnica en comunicació / Communication officer*

Carrer de la Vila, bloc F, baixos
Campus de la UAB
08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona)
T: 93 519 46 70
ACUP | Associació Catalana d'Universitats Públiques <http://www.acup.cat/>
 - @ACUPcatalunya <https://twitter.com/ACUPcatalunya>
GUNi | Global University Network for innovation
<http://www.guninetwork.org/> - @GUNi_net <https://twitter.com/GUNi_net>
HEIRRI | Higher Education Insitutions and RRI <http://heirri.eu/>- @HEIRRI_
<https://twitter.com/HEIRRI_>
[image: cid:image001.png at 01D1E660.8CBB7780] <http://www.acup.cat>